FIELD Mission and Values
FIELD MissionFIELD’s mission is to identify, develop and disseminate best practices, and to educate funders, policymakers and others about microenterprise as an economic opportunity strategy.
- We believe that creating economic opportunity for the disadvantaged is critical to the social and economic health of our country.
- For too many Americans, their capacity to contribute exceeds their opportunity. We work to support microenterprise because we believe in expanding economic opportunity.
Learning and Innovation
- We believe that the knowledge about the microenterprise field resides in those who work each day to serve clients and build organizations, and that practice advances more rapidly when leaders have the opportunity to test new ideas and to reflect on and share with their peers. Our learning methods are built around engaging deeply with practitioners, and providing them with tools and venues to build and draw out their knowledge.
- We support and recognize new approaches and innovations, in our own work and among the microenterprise programs with which we work.
- We believe that reflection and data analysis are key tools in driving and supporting improvement, important in our own work, as well as our work with stakeholders to build the microenterprise field.
Quality and Integrity
- Quality and integrity are hallmarks of our work; we hold ourselves to high standards.
- Our work products – data, meetings, webinars, presentations and publications -- are rigorous in their approach and methodology, well-presented and bring new learning to the field.