New from FIELD
EntrepreneurTracker Client Outcomes Highlights. FIELD releases updated survey results on clients served by participating microenterprise development organizations (MDOs). Learn more about business and household outcomes of microenterprise clients.
Microbusiness Job Quality. FIELD releases updated study on microbusiness job quality. Learn more about the benefits of microbusiness, which extend beyond just creating jobs, to creating good quality jobs.
Small Business Borrowers' Bill of Rights defines responsible lending practices in the small business lending sector. Learn more about the BBOR and how you can support responsible lending.
MicroTracker (MT) is a set of data tools and services that empowers microenterprise development organizations (MDOs) to assess and improve their performance and communicate the value of their work to funders. MT also helps stakeholders understand the U.S. microenterprise industry.
Data collection and analysis services that provide critical insights and assist MDOs to collect and use high-quality, rigorous data.
Standardized metrics that allow users to track and compare MDO activities, effectiveness, and client outcomes—over time, to relevant industry peers, to other MDOs in a state, or to the industry as a whole.
A nationwide data set on the activities, scale, effectiveness, and outcomes of U.S. MDOs—housed at microTracker.org and accompanied by robust analysis tools.
Borrowers’ Bill of Rights
The Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights (BBOR) is the first-ever consensus on responsible small business lending practices. It outlines six key rights that the Responsible Business Lending Coalition believes all small business borrowers deserve.
FIELD helped to convene this multi-sector coalition to create a tool for educating small business borrowers and encouraging accountability among some lenders and brokers.
Read more about FIELD’s involvement and “Why We Need a Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights” in the Aspen Journal of Ideas.
- The Aspen Idea Blog explaining Why Business Ownership Matters in Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
November 10, 2015
- Aspen Journal of Ideas article explaining Why We Need a Small Business Borrower’s Bill of Rights
- FIELD Director, Joyce Klein, is featured in GARP Risk Intelligence discussing the Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights.
August 21, 2015
- Small Business Advocates, Lenders & Online Credit Marketplaces Unveil Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights
August 6, 2015
- Small business lender, LiftFund, is profiled on NerdWallet featuring FIELD data.
May 12, 2015
- FIELD statistics cited in New York Times article on microfinance titled "A Hand Up: In the U.S., microfinance gives the smallest businesses a chance to grow."
April 15, 2015